Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Fond Farewell

One of my assistant managers at the Loft is leaving. Her name, on this blog, will be Sheniqua. She only has a few days left to be our boss, and so we organized a going away party for her at Chili's Sunday. Nineteen people showed up! We were LOUD, we were funny, we were HOT! They placed us at a table RIGHT by the door, obviously to dull some of the noise we were bound to make. We met up at the bar as they readied a table for us, and everyone had a drink or two in them before we were seated. Madrina had three or four... Everyone saw this as a sign of future intoxication...

When we sat down, I was on the end, next to Jassie, who was next to Erica, and I was across from my boyfriend Kevin, who was next to Monisa. Madrina was three more girls down from me, and the Loft Employee of the hour was one seat closer. I know that if my boyfriend hadn't been new meat to these girls, Madrina would have been the absolute life of the party, and that would have probably been more problematic than fun. Sheniqua got lots of love and cheers, Madrina had to be caught a few times to prevent her face from meeting the floor, and Kevin made our half of the table laugh non-stop. Jassie asked about tips for giving head, and Monisa (a married mother of two) wanted to know how to actually enjoy it.

Madrina was fully plastered by the end of the night, and we all had a good time laughing at her while she was out of ear-shot.

There were some very awkward moments as Kevin gave away a bit too much information, and a few times when I nearly knocked his teeth out, but I am glad he came with. I wanted all of my loft girls to meet him, and now they have. I think I feel much more comfortable around them now than ever before, and I think I am really going to like working here a lot more than at first.


There really aren't any interesting client stories to tell... I haven't dealt with them...

The stock room is insanely busy because we keep getting in new product, and I think we are getting in July's merchandise before we get in all of June's... I sure hope we can put it out on the floor, because we have NO room to store it back there...

Until next time,
-FTG

No comments: